Newport Beach, California is one of the most popular coastal cities in the nation and has a little something for even the most diverse of interests. With a consistent track record of amazing weather, sported by cool shops, restaurants, top tier malls, and the legendary beach scene, Newport Beach is the ultimate destination.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, visiting Newport Beach should be at the top of your list. Continue reading for a brief locals guide to the paradise located just a short drive from our very own Atrium Hotel.
Visiting Newport Beach
When you think Newport Beach, the classic California trio of amazing sun, sand, and surf comes to mind. While that’s a given, only those who visit have a true understanding of the uniquely sophisticated charm of this one of a kind beach city.
Newport Beach has a long and rich history, going back to the 19th century. Today, this coastal city is made up of 10 distinct neighborhoods forming what some like to refer to as a coastal wonderland that encompasses the entire California experience.
Newport Beach also has the largest recreational harbor on the west coast with more than 10 miles of activities to fit any interest. Just take a drive down PCH one afternoon to get a small glimpse of how the oceans and beaches look, and how much fun the locals and visitors are having.
Whether you like to party until the sun comes up or relax on the beach with a good book, look no further than this city along the beach.
Things to Do in Newport Beach
In our opinion, the best attractions take place in and around the water, but we guarantee a great time whether you step food on the beach or not. For our business travelers, there’s no better destination for a perfect client lunch.
Below is our list of the top ten activities and attractions for every budget and interest.
- Beach Sports: Newport boasts miles of coastline with playful surf suitable for all skill levels of surfers, swimmers, bodyboarders, and stand-up paddleboarders.
- Balboa Fun Zone: The fun zone is one of Southern California’s oldest & last great coastal amusement areas & a popular family-friendly attraction for visitors to Newport Beach.
- Beachfront Walking Path: Newport beach is an active community of walkers, runners, cyclists, and even segway riders who enjoy long stretches of beachfront paths.
- Shopping: Newport is a world-class shopping destination boasting everything from coastal trinkets to high-end designer stores.
- Whale Watching: A diverse marine ecosystem makes whale and dolphin watching available year-round.
- Boat Rentals: Cruise the harbor in style on one of Newport’s iconic electric Duffy Boats.
- Newport Dunes: For a truly unique experience visit Newport’s waterfront lagoon resort
- Newport Pier: Newport Pier, on the Balboa Peninsula, offers stunning panoramic views of the coast.
- Back Bay: The Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve and Ecological Reserve draws naturalists and scientists from around the world.
- Dining: Choose from a wide range of delicious options and world-class seafood.
For those that still want to enjoy the essence of the city but haven’t had a chance to make it out yet, Newport Beach offers a virtual vacation of sorts, an immersive online tour plus tons of cool streams from different business across the city.
There’s always something going on in Newport so head to visitnewportbeach.com for a full list of upcoming events and download a comprehensive Newport Beach Visitor Guide.
The Hotel Atrium is conveniently located directly across the street from John Wayne Airport and close to Newport Beach and every major attraction in the OC. After you’re done having a blast in Newport, return and relax in your spacious room or take a dip in the iLum Poolside Lounge. For more Orange County events and attractions, check out our attractions page. Book a luxurious Hotel Atrium stay today!