Newport Beach, California has a little something for even the most diverse of interests.
While we love all that the OC has to offer, not all destinations are created equally.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, Newport Beach should be at the top of your list.
Continue reading for a brief locals guide to the paradise located just a short drive from our very own Atrium Hotel.
Discover Newport Beach
When you think Newport Beach, the classic California trio of radiant sun, sand, and surf comes to mind. While that’s a given, only those who visit have a true understanding of the uniquely sophisticated charm of this one of a kind beach city.
Newport Beach is made up of 10 distinct neighborhoods forming what some like to refer to as a coastal wonderland that encompasses the entire California experience.
With the largest recreational harbor on the west coast, there are more than 10 miles of activities to fit any interest.
Whether you like to party until the sun comes up or relax on the beach with a good book, look no further than Newport Beach.
What to do in Newport Beach?
In our opinion, the best attractions take place in and around the water, but we guarantee a good time whether you step food on the beach or not. For our business travelers, there’s no better destination for a perfect client lunch.
Here is our list of the top ten activities and attractions for every budget and interest.
- Beach Sports: Newport boasts miles of coastline with playful surf suitable for all skill levels of surfers, swimmers, bodyboarders, and stand-up paddleboarders.
- Balboa Fun Zone: The fun zone is one of Southern California’s oldest & last great coastal amusement areas & a popular family-friendly attraction for visitors to Newport Beach.
- Beachfront Walking Path: Newport beach is an active community of walkers, runners, cyclists, and even segway riders who enjoy long stretches of beachfront paths.
- Shopping: Newport is a world-class shopping destination boasting everything from coastal trinkets to high-end designer stores.
- Whale Watching: A diverse marine ecosystem makes whale and dolphin watching available year round.
- Boat Rentals: Cruise the harbor in style on one of Newport’s iconic electric Duffy Boats.
- Newport Dunes: For a truly unique experience visit Newport’s waterfront lagoon resort
- Back Bay: The Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve and Ecological Reserve draws naturalists and scientists from around the world.
- Dining: Choose from a wide range of delicious options and world-class seafood.
There’s always something going on in Newport so head to visitnewportbeach.com for a full list of upcoming events and download a comprehensive Newport Beach Visitor Guide. For a more complete look at fun things to do in Orange County, head over to our attraction list and get some great ideas!
Don’t forget to book your stay with Atrium Hotel, conveniently located near John Wayne Airport (SNA) in Orange County. We offer room packages and promotions, as well as convenient travel accommodation for business and family travel in Orange County. Contact us today and make your stay incredible!